Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mallory Gets an Eye Full

I was asked to work on Friday morning for a couple of hours so I could assist in a couple of surgeries. I told them I would but I would need to bring Libby and Mallory with me. It was an early morning for us, it wasn't fun having us all up and ready to go by 5:45am. Well the first surgery was a vasectomy. I did bring a bag of toys and things to try and occupy them while we were there but Of course Mallory did not want to be away from me so she kept coming into the room where the surgery was being performed. So here her mom was, having to apply pressure to "the area" with one hand and try to shoo Mallory out of the room with the other. Thank goodness the poor guy was out cold. I'm sure he would not have appreciated a four year old witnessing this "sensitive" time in his life. The moral of this story is don't bring your children to work with you or they may see and hear things that they shouldn't at such a tender age.

3 comments:

Jinsey Jane said...

That writeup deserved a really good chuckle from me. That must have been quite the sight! Good moral to the story. Keep it up. I enjoy reading the blogs, your included.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Wow, I'm glad that the few times I've taken the kids into work they haven't witnessed that! That will be a great story to bring up when they are adults! Keep up blogging, it gives me something to do at work when I'm bored :)

Dan & Calli Ellinger said...

How funny! Good thing they won't remember that "sensitive" moment!
It looks like you had a nice weekend. Great job on the cake! We will have to get together again soon. I know my kids would love to see the girls.